Thursday, August 25, 2011

After Action Report: #WCA-2011.08.24-TE-GPI

After Action Report of War Combat Activity
Captain TurAmarth ElRandir/GPI Corp.

Date: Approx 01:00 to 05:00 GMT - 2011.08.24
Location:
Station: Federation Navy Assembly Plant
Planet: Dodixie IX - Moon 20
Constellation: Coriault
Region: Sinq Laison

I awoke in my quarters in FedNavAssyPlant Dodi-IX/20 and contacted corpmates Oz, Fer and friend SM and determined the WT’s were not active ATM.

After the morning Triple-S (shit, shower and shave) as I was lookin forward to the prospect of some action, I grabbed a quick handmeal  (recombined BLT on fauxwheat, not as good as the ones I used to sneak at the crèche, but nuthin ever is as good as it was back home is it?) which I eat standing in quarters instead of a sit down breakfast at my favorite cafe on the concourse. After eating I took a lift down to the Hangar Bay and checked on the progress of the Initial Fitout of my new Navy Issue Vexor “Dicombobulatius”. I watched as the work was completed, inspected & accepted and I signed off on her. She is ready for trials.

I then went to the bay where “Narker” (my Std. Issue Vexor) was docked and went over her with the crew chief. All was in order, I signed off and accepted her as ready for combat. I boarded and ran through the pre-flight and weapons checks. Shortly thereafter the WTs became active and I undocked and we fleeted up ready for action.

I warped up to my ‘250KM Vert SS @ FNAP-IX/20’ (a SafeSpot 250KM vertically above the FedNavyAssyPlant), Oz warped to me and setup a CAMP (Combat Ambush Maneuver Position)  and I then warped to the 250KM Horiz SS @ FNAP-IX/20 (a SafeSpot 250KM Horizontally in front of the FedNavyAssyPlant) and setup my CAMP.

One of the WTs undocked in a shuttle and warped away before I could get in lock range. He immediately warped back landing approx 500KM off station approx in line with a local Beacon. After observing us for a short period, the WT warped to a SS at the ‘rear’ of the station and docked. At this time Fer joined us at station and took up a CAMP directly at the docking bay entrance.

As we maintained overwatch for the WTs, I warped out to the Beacon and warped back in to 100KM off station. I then flew out to 155KM and made a SS. At this time Os had to break off and dock up due to a technical issue.

Shortly after, A WT undocked and was engaged by Fer who attempted a SCRAM. I warped to my SS at the Station docking bay entrance but the WT was able to break Fer’s lock and warp away before I could aggress. He warped to open space, probably an offgrid SS. I took up a CAMP at the docking bay entrance and Fer warped off to check the other stations to try and find the WT. The WT had docked up in another station in Dodixie system. We maintained CAMPS. At this time SM joined us and took up a position on the other side (back) of the station and target locked me in preparation for RR support. We maintained CAMP.

1st ENGAGEMENT:
04:49:10 a WT in a Std. Issue Mrymidon undocked and approached me. We both acquire target locks, the WT launched 5 Hammerhead II drones, I launched 5 Valkyrie II drones;
04:49:51 the WT attacked w/ his drones and guns, I respond w/ my drones;
04:50:02 WT started trying to warp scramble;
04:50:25 WT broke target lock w/ ECM;
04:50:29 Re-acquired target lock and resumed offensive;
04:50:43 WT broke target lock 2nd time w/ ECM;
04:50:44 Re-acquired target lock and resumed offensive;
04:50:46 WT broke target lock 3rd time w/ ECM;
04:50:48 Re-acquired target lock and resumed offensive;
04:50:53 Interference from WT warp breaks target lock, WT warps away;

04:50:57 WT drones continue active attack until Command & Control Link is lost then go inactive, my drones auto-engage the 5 Hammerheads he left on the field. I cancel offensive operations, recall my drones then scoop all 5 abandoned Hammerhead II drones to cargo bay;
END OF ENGAGEMENT

I docked and repaired all damage to ship and drones, total cost: 186,983.00 ISK

Total time of engagement – 1minute 47 seconds
Damage done: Both ships had armor damage, neither critically;
Loss: WT abandoned 5 Hammerhead II drones
(approx 3,121,499.40 I$K  / 624,299.88 I$K ea. @ Jita Med Buy Price)

We discussed the engagement and I refit "Narker" with dual SCRAMs.

We continue CAMP operations.

20 minutes later the same WT I had earlier engaged warps back to station, lands in range and re-engages me. He acquires target lock, launches 5 more Hammerhead II drones and attacks;

2nd ENGAGEMENT:
05:10:43 Target acquired and locked;
05:14:35 I attempt to warp scramble the WT;
05:14:50 I launch 5 Valkyrie II drones and engage WT;
05:14:51 I engage my Dual 180mm Prototype I Automatic Cannons (initial strike, 187 damage);
05:15:10 WT engages me w/ onboard weaponry;
05:15:40 I am unable to overload my mods as suggested by SM (lack of skills);
05:15:43 WT deaggresses and docks;

05:15:47 WT drones continue active attack until Command & Control Link is lost then go inactive, my drones auto-engage the 5 Hammerheads he left on the field. I cancel offensive operations, recall my drones then scoop all 5 abandoned Hammerhead II drones to cargo bay;
END OF ENGAGEMENT

I docked and repaired all damage to ship and drones, total cost: 116,686.00 ISK

Total time of engagement – 5 minute 2 seconds
Damage done: Both ships had armor damage, neither critically;
Loss: WT abandoned 5 Hammerhead II drones
(approx 3,121,499.40 I$K  / 624,299.88 I$K ea. @ Jita Med Buy Price)

Again a confirmed kill slips through my fingers… But my confidence is growing with every engagement. We discuss the areas where my fit might be improved based on past performance. The WT got away from me because he was able to break my target lock, 1st through ECM and 2nd by breaking range through superior speed, though not “fast” his Myrm was able to outdistance my Vexor and break lock.

I need to refit w/ an AB or better a MWD, this will cause some issues with CAP & CPU, and I will need to adjust other mods to allow the CAP an MWD costs, but Ima go play with PYFA and I will work those out.

Next time!!!!!

Fly Safe and see you in the Sky  =/|)=

3 comments:

  1. One thing to keep in mind with your fits is that unless they are active tanked, or nano, cap stability is not an issue. Once you land scrams and webs, chancesare you deactive your MWD. With that no longer draining cap, you have minutes more cap than you expected, and as you can see, small engagements rarely last more than 2 minutes. Large ones (we're talking 200 vs 200 numbers) rarely last more than 10.

    Something that bugs me is that your AAR starts at 01:00, but the first real action noted takes place at 04:47. How much of that time, and pre-action action was relevant to the battle, and by extension, necessary/useful in the AAR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY, I do know about the CAP issues and my skills re CAP & CPU are almost all at L4 to L5, but even so load balancing is why EFT and PYFA exist in the 1st place. Plus as a Minnie, I have almost exclusively flown Minnie ships... the Vex is a definite departure for me, damn fun though. =]

    We actually have a friend, ex Alliancemate, who we troll mercilessly over his love of CAP Stability!!

    Yea... I started it to be a very clean, bare-bones military AAR... and then my muse got away with me there during a editing session...

    I agreee that the parts re waking up, eating and getting down to the Hangar Bays is not specifically of AAR import... but I decided to leave it all in as, well, it's my blog and I wanted to! - LOL - Plus while it is styled as an AAR, it is also 'log' entry as well... and I want to capture not just the combat, but the whole time spent in EVE from logon to logoff. I should prolly call it just a Daily Log Report or some such but After Action sounds so much better literary wise...

    I so ofter wander in my bloggin between role playing ss Tura in EVE, and being 'myself' as an RL player (IE OOC)... I often wonder how it goes over to those few that might bumble across this blog... but in the end, ya gotta follow yer muse right? And writing freely and allowing all this to simply flow unhindered from my mind... well, this is what I end up with and I like it. I hope other do too...

    May I say, it really is nice to have somebody commenting on here... I look forward to your posts and enjoy your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS... I was re-reading both the AAR and your comment and I realized I had thought to also capture something we all know and bich about but you don't SEE in these logs... the vast amount of time spent NOT in combat...

    EVE is considered to be such a 'horribly' 'dangerous' and PvP filled game... And here I am, in an active War, the WT are OL usually as long as we are and usually at the same times each night.

    The Wts, while (real) noobs with ZERO kills (and I mean not a single one, both individually and in corp) have been somewhat active in at least trying to fight back and/or get aggressive and bring the fight to us...

    and yet on the night reported about I was on for 4 HOURS and only actively in actual combat for exactly 6 mins 49 seconds... out of approx 240 minutes... 0.029% of my game time.

    The rest is spent in all the tactical maneuvering, feinting, gate and station games and WAITING that make up the majority of the time spent in war.

    If the actual combat weren't so damn much fun, NO one would put up with the BS it takes to get those measly 6 mins 49 secs... but they ARE! I hope people will read the AAR and say "Jezuz... all of that for only 7 mins of fighting??"

    ReplyDelete

I have opened my blog to Anonymous Users... I hope I will not come to regret this. Please identify yourself when posting and read my Blog Disclaimer and Comment Policy.

All posts on my blog are moderated by me. I will post em as soon as I see um...
Tur