Friday, August 5, 2022

By Space, Atmo or... Sea?

~or "How You Get There is Important."
Tur, contemplating traveling...

Hi there. Been a while. Been Busy.   =]

You see my wife and "sold it all" to buy a 53' sailboat to liveaboard and travel the world in our retirement. She may not be a Drake or an Origin, but she's good enough for us.

She is a 1995 Gozzard 44 MK 1 "A". She is 53' long, 14'6" wide, a Cutter rigged Clipper, a true bluewater, ocean-going Sailing Vessel... currently named "Black Beauty".

She is, in all actuality, my real world Cutty Black   =]
In the middle of May we sailed her 100nm (nautical miles) south down the Chesapeake bay from Annapolis MD to her new home port on the Corrotoman river in VA.

She is now what we call "on the hard", meaning out of the water, on stands on the ground for a few minor repairs, to sand and paint the bottom, etc., etc. We spend our weekdays on the boat, and keep our weekends free for Fam & Frens and sailing and such.
CJ & I on the bow of Black Beauty
OK, on to Star Citizen stuff...   =]

Needless to say my free time for SC has been somewhat hampered since May. But I have been loggin' in when I can, and it's been so worth while!


Not only worth while in that a few hours in space are just the break I need after
the hot & sweaty grind of working on the boat outside... all day... for a week... (gods).
BUT all the amazing changes and additions to the game!!
Spent over an hour just 6-wheelin all over Celin
And for me personally the way the games stability and play-ability have shown steady improvement as CIG bug-stomps it's way from patch to patch has been very satisfying. Alpha 3.17.2 has been really fun just spending my time boofing around the verse... seein' the sights, shootin' the baddies and deliverin' them boxes!!


I even upgraded to a Scorpius (WOW!), then flew out to Port Ollie and started running the newly upgraded Service Beacons. Sticking with the Low and Med Beacons I have been hammering down some pretty good cred. They pay from ~1,800cr. to my personal best of ~65,000cr. for one, two-tango mission.

The Scorp in Warp!
Flying the Scorp and running Low & Med Beacons is almost a waffle-stomp... almost. You still really do need to know how to fly in SC, and while I'm no Maverick, I do hold my own quite well thank you very much.

Spaceman Spliff, to the Rescue!!

I set myself a goal of 1mil credits. After the wipe I had over 6mil cr., schweet!! ...Then after CIG "fixed" that little faux pax, I was left with only 20,000cr. (sigh) But it took me only 3 really fun nights of flying to make it back to 1mil. I died a few times of course, to the usual suspects... my own stupidity and the game itself killed me the most of course... it's SC in Alpha... but yes, I also had a few losses to the NPCs.

I have been to the Ghost Hollow Reclaimer homeless shelter... WOW... I was so totally blown away that I forgot to take any pix... then I got shot... deserved it too, just wandering around the site with my pie hole wide open.


I even went to prison again... and once again, I do NOT know why. Oh I have been to prison for things I did, I have no problem owning up to my bad deeds. This was different. I ran a Beacon, killed the bad guys, saved the dude and POP! Crime stat, Level 2, crap.

But what was really weird was that when I died and re-spawned in Kleshcher, my dead body spawned in with me... in my cell... in my BED!! Gross and weird like you don't wanna know... Yuch.

All I know is waking up with your own dead body can lead to some really weird conversations with the guards.
Then I realized... I had ALL MY GEAR!!! INSIDE Kleshcher!! Spacesuit, Armor and GUNS!! Fat lot of good it did me, could not "equip" to save my life.
Oh well... I decided (IRL) to get a bite while Tur took a nap and waited out his sentence.

ZZZ Zzzz ZZzzz zZZzzzZZ...
After I got out of the joint... I decided to take a break so I got out my Conny Taurus, the most comfortable of my small fleet of ships.
I requested clearance, took off and warped out deep into the black...

After I dropped out of warp and shut down the engines I changed into something comfy and had a bite to eat while I looked out into the cold harsh unforgiving eternal night...
contemplating the twists and turns life, and death, can take, both in the verse and IRL.
All I want, is a ship all my own, and a star to guide her by...

Fly it like it is your HOME.
=/|)=

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened my blog to Anonymous Users... I hope I will not come to regret this. Please identify yourself when posting and read my Blog Disclaimer and Comment Policy.

All posts on my blog are moderated by me. I will post em as soon as I see um...
Tur